POSITION: Mental Health Clinician
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Part-Time, EFT Negotiable
LOCATION: Winnipeg, Manitoba
SALARY: Competitive salary and benefits package
Under the direction of the Clinical Director, this position will provide clinical mental health services
and mental health treatment through individual, family or group counselling. This position will work
with a multi-disciplinary team who provides outreach, case management, crisis intervention and
mental health services to children and their families.
• Conducts comprehensive mental health assessments.
• Coordinates the full range of the child’s needs. Provides planning, linking, monitoring, evaluation and
• Ensures resources and services are accessed in a timely manner.
• Provides children, family, and caregivers education on mental health treatment.
• Provides both individual and group counselling, therapy, or sessions.
• Collaborates with other disciplines.
• Participates in all aspects of the care continuum and the child’s mental health pathway.
• Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or Occupational Therapy
from an accredited post-secondary school.
• Must be licensed/registered with their respective licensing/ regulatory body.
• Minimum 3 years recent and relevant experience in child, adolescent and family mental health.
• Extensive knowledge of provincial mental health community resources and services.
• Knowledge and awareness of cultural and socio-economic factors that inform service provision.
• Exceptional clinical skills in the mental health assessment and treatment of children, as well as, their
• Ability and experience in administration and interpretation of diagnostic assessments.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain
effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups.
• Willingness to adapt to new techniques and best practices as well as maintaining knowledge, skills
and abilities by keeping up to date regarding professional standards through reviewing current
literature, attending workshops/seminars, networking and consultation with colleagues.
• Strong team work ethic.
• Ability to work flexible hours to meet productivity goals.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Position ID: 20210402
Deadline: Open Until Position Filled
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult
Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. This position requires a valid Manitoba
Driver’s license and possession of a personal vehicle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.