POSITION: Mental Health Clinician
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full-Time (EFT negotiable)
LOCATION: Winnipeg, Manitoba
SALARY: $72,000 - $90,000
Under the direction of the Clinical Director, this position will provide clinical mental health services and mental health treatment through individual, family or group counselling. This position will work with a multi-disciplinary team who provides outreach, case management, crisis intervention and mental health services to children and their families.
· Conducts comprehensive mental health assessments.
· Coordinates the full range of the child’s needs. Provides planning, linking, monitoring, evaluation and follow-up.
· Ensures resources and services are accessed in a timely manner.
· Provides children, family, and caregivers education on mental health treatment.
· Provides both individual and group counselling, therapy, or sessions.
· Collaborates with other disciplines.
· Participates in all aspects of the care continuum and the child’s mental health pathway.
· Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or Occupational Therapy from an accredited post-secondary school.
· Must be licensed/registered in Manitoba with their respective licensing/regulatory body.
· Minimum 3 years recent and relevant experience in child, adolescent and family mental health.
· Extensive knowledge of provincial mental health community resources and services.
· Knowledge and awareness of cultural and socio-economic factors that inform service provision.
· Exceptional clinical skills in the mental health assessment and treatment of children, as well as, their families.
· Ability and experience in administration and interpretation of diagnostic assessments.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups.
· Willingness to adapt to new techniques and best practices as well as maintaining knowledge, skills and abilities by keeping up to date regarding professional standards through reviewing current literature, attending workshops/seminars, networking and consultation with colleagues.
· Strong team work ethic.
· Ability to work flexible hours to meet productivity goals.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
KIDTHINK is a Manitoba-based children’s mental health clinic in the heart of Winnipeg. KIDTHINK is committed to providing a timely, wholistic approach to care for the child and their family by providing direct clinical and outreach support services. We provide evidence-based treatment and assessment services with a focus on children ages 12 years and under. The programs and services we offer are strength-based, culturally sensitive and trauma informed. KIDTHINK also supports parents by providing parent coaching and their own mental health treatment. We understand the importance of the child’s community and so provide outreach services to enhance these supports. In addition, we value and engage in regular outcome measurement, use state-of-the-art data collection software and are developing an active research program. KIDTHINK is a creative, innovative and forward thinking mental health organization whose mission endeavors to improve the lives of children and their families. You will be joining a team that understands that we must share the responsibility to ensure that our children have easy and early access to the resources that promote health, wellbeing and optimal human development. You will work in a collaborative, supportive and dynamic team environment that fosters your growth as a professional.
Reference ID: 20230327